Sunday, April 20, 2008

My Atlanta.net Internship

I have been working with Sherry Heyl for about a month now on the Atlanta.net web site. We are bringing people to the site's new online community called ATL Insider where people can post about what they like to do in Atlanta, where the best places are to stay, what the best attractions are, etc. This way any tourists can also use this site to get insight on Atlanta from the Atlantans themselves. It is a great idea and I have had SO much fun. My job has been the online recruiting part where I get to find the Atlantans online in places like social networks, on blogs, in virtual worlds, or even on twitter. We say at every meeting "this is the best internship ever isn't it?!" Because it's a lot of fun! Sherry's blog explains the project a little more. AND the blog has a picture of my avatar in Second Life in it. :)

We also had our big event (Net Party) last Thursday at the Tongue and Groove in Buckhead. I got to interview people there about all their favorite Atlanta hotspots. Now, I have been posting all their answers online either at the Atlanta.net site in the ATL Insider or my personal community in Kaneva.

This is a video of interviews at the Atlanta.net party:

No comments: